Ghee / Nei
· Butter: As required
· Salt: One pinch or less at the rate of 500 grams of butter.
· Leaves of drumstick: A few (optional)
Method of preparation:
· Melt the butter under low flame in a heavy bottomed vessel along with salt.
· Reduce heat further when the molten butter starts bubbling.
· Stir intermittently for about 10 minutes and continuously for about 5 minutes.
· A pleasant aroma will fill the entire kitchen.
· A brown coloured residue will start forming.
· Remove from flame.
· If you want very good smell, add some drumstick leaves.
· Wait for about 15 minutes and strain.