- Heat oil thoroughly before seasoning; Fry until change of color (colour), to get full flavor (flavour).
- Fry the ground masala in reduced flame, so that it retains its color and taste.
- Onion will turn brown faster if a little salt is added while frying.
- If oil is less, masala will stick to the pan.
- To make crispy puris, add a little rice flour to the wheat flour while kneading.
- To make crispy pakodas add a little corn flour to the gram flour (besan) while preparing the batter.
- Steam can cause severe burns. Be a little away from steaming pan while opening it.
- Add vegetables that take the longest to cook first, followed by others.
- Cut vegetables uniformly to cook evenly.
- To avoid browning of apples after cutting, apply a little lemon juice on the cut surface.
- To shred cheese easily, refrigerate it for about 20 minutes.
- Microwave cooking is a good way of cooking; as it takes very less cooking time with less lose of nutrients.
- The microwave oven will damage if operated without any food in it.
- Keep coriander leaves, curry leaves etc.in a muslin cloth bag in the refrigerator. They will remain fresh for a longer time.
- Remove the stems of green chilies while storing them .This will help them to stay fresh for long.
- Try to keep foods in sealed bags or closed containers. This helps to keep them fresh.
- Don't store food or drinks near chemicals such as cleansers.